Without further ado (and without much time left before the kids wake up), I'm going to see how many items I can get on my list before my day begins in earnest.
1. Last night's sunset at my parent's house while celebrating my brother's big 3-0 birthday
|the view while eating outside on a warm |
3. the sticky kisses I get from my little girls after eating syrupy pancakes
5. riding in the car with my son while he talks non-stop about school, his friends and his activities
6. running on the trails of Forest Park
7. finally relaxing on the couch with my husband after the kids are in bed, watching a show on netflix and just enjoying being together
8. picnics on the front lawn
9. watching my son read to his little sisters
10. listening to Pandora and having spontaneous dance parties in the kitchen...then laughing hysterically as the kids try to imitate all my crazy dance moves
11. sleeping late (or at least resting in bed) while my husband makes breakfast for the kids on sunday mornings
12. lazy family bike rides
13. watching how good my little brother is with his nieces and nephew and knowing how much joy awaits him when his first child (a daughter) is born next week
14. going on a solo vacation with just my husband (more on that in a later post!) and being amazed at how much we love just being together
15. Indian summer
16. sitting on the floor with my dog's head in my lap
17. knowing that we are stronger than we think we are
18. taking the family to see my in-laws and extended family every summer and watching all the cousins play together
19. seeing how happy my parents are after 43 years of marriage
20. sitting on our porch swing at the end of a long day
Wow. I made that list in just a few minutes and it brought so many great memories/thoughts to the forefront of my mind! I could write an endless list of the things that make me happy -- I am thankful for so much in my life.
This may be a rare (never-happened-before kind of rare) day where I post twice. I am determined to write again today about the Mystery Trip that I am going on tomorrow. And since this is also supposed to be a blog about running, I may actually share some details on how my training is going. :)
What makes you happy?